Re: dose limits for members of the public

> There is no consent form a member of the general public with regard to

> airplanes flying over them.

Don,

All true, as with many other risks in life. However, that doesn't mean that we lump

radiation exposure in the same context. The risk of a plane falling out of the sky and

killing innocent individuals on the ground can happen, and, there is data regarding

that. Therefore, a probability can have some weight behind the calculation. Can you

tell me what the risk to the public would be if each and every person were allowed to

receive the full 5 rem per year (assume they actually did receive the dose)?

Thanks ..

Sandy Perle				Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100

Director, Technical			Extension 2306

ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Service	Fax:(714) 668-3149

ICN Pharmaceuticals, Inc.		E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  	E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com