Re: dose limits for members of the public

What would constitute "evidence" of "no harm" at any given dose level? If a hundred million persons received a 5.0 dose with no observed resultant harm. how could we be positively assured that if that dose were given to just one more person, harm would not occur. You can't prove a negative! Except in areas of radiation protection, most people are already aware of that.

I also don't agree that we can say that there is no harm to a  worker when they have received 5 rem for each year of their employment. There is no evidence to support that.

There's not really evidence to support that there's harm either.

Barbara L. Hamrick