Re: Treatment of radiation accident/terrorism victims

Jack,

I really didn't want to suggest that we shouldn't try to change public

attitudes; just that under current conditions, it is hard to be optimistic.

I think there would be little possibility for success unless we could

somehow neutralize the "enemy within" (i.e. those who feed at the trough

of radiophobia). Were it not for the prevalent hysteria, a lot of radsafe

people would need to seek employment in other areas.

Jim gives a partial listing (quoted below) of  the enemy within.

I don't know if the members of these groups sincerely believe in LNT and

similar nonsense, or whether they know better, but are exploiting public

fears to advance their self interests. Either of these possibilities seems

depressing .

In any case, before we can hope to educate the public, perhaps we

should educate these insiders.  On second thought, maybe eliminating all

poverty and disease in the world might be easier.   Jerry