Re: Radon and Smoking (individual vs aggregate)

	The problem is in how scientists handle theories and their tests

of them. No theory takes into account every possible variation in

circumstances. A basic theory takes into account the most important

things, and the other factors are treated as "perturbations" or

corrections to the basic theory. That is how I have managed my study. If

you have a specific criticism of any of my work, I would be happy to

address it; the best way to start is if you criticize something in my

paper on treatment of confounding factors in an ecological study. Much

better still, give a specific example of something that could nullify my

results -- your example need not be true, but it must not be highly

implausible.