Re: Radon and Smoking (individual vs aggregate)

Dr. Cohen,

I addressed a very specific problem below with your study.  You state that a

basic theory takes into account, "the most important things."   I consider

smoking intensity and duration two of the most important parameters to

consider in validating your derived LNT formula.  To exclude these factors a

priori, as you have done, invalidates your test.  As I stated  before, you

can not adjust for these "perturbations" after the fact unless you know the

joint distribution of these factors for each county.

Bill