Instrument question

Everyone,

I am looking for comments from actual users regarding Windows-compatible

survey meters (such as Ludlum 2360 and others) and alpha-beta counters.

Specifically, how easy are they to operate?  What quirks do I need to be

aware of?  Are they user-friendly?  Do they allow you to do background

updates throughout the day?  Which are best, and which should I avoid?

Also, I am looking at some hand-held phoswich detectors.  Are there any

particular problems associated with their use?  If so, are they still worth

the trouble?

Please feel free to respond to me personally if you like.

Thanks,

Glenn