Re: Meeting public demand

I agree that education is the long term answer.  If successfully done,

it will affect public opinions in 10-20 years.  Unfortunately, the

nuclear industry doesn't have the luxury of waiting that long.  We have

to survive the next 10 years, or we won't be around to benefit from this

education.

To do that, we have to take public opinions as a given.  We can and must

meet public demands for taking any radioactive material and any

radiation exposure very seriously.  We must avoid screwups, if at all

possible, and accept responsibility for those that occur.  In  short, we

must meet standards of excellence that probably exceed those of any

other endeavor.

Bill