RE: First neutron therapy procedure on the explanted human liver [FW]

Title: RE: First neutron therapy procedure on the explanted human liver [FW]

A few additional comments on liver BNCT treatment with explantation of the organ, from the BNCT listserv.

Jaro

From: Barry Allen [mailto:b.allen@UNSW.EDU.AU]
Sent: Friday February 22, 2002 10:00 PM
To: BNCT@MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Subject: Re: First procedure on the explanted human liver

The only work that I know off re epithermal BNCT of the liver are our MC
calculations where we found that under typical conditions with two
orthogonal epithermal beams and 30 ppm boron, the liver can be treated but
the posterior liver treatment could be marginal. (Allen, Wallace, Carolan,
Zurich proceedings Vol1, p118-121).
Barry Allen