Re: Meeting public demand

>Why is it that on interest rate policy Congress (public) seeks input from

>bankers, but on energy policy or stem cell research Congress seeks advice

>from priests, actors and super models?

The first issue is seen as a technical issue, while the others are seen as

value issues.

------------------------

Interest rate policy: Seen as a brain cortex issue (facts/rational - attempt

to be logic is "needed" for decision).

Stem cell research: Seen as brain stem (!) issue (emotions - fear & panic

part of brain is "needed" for decision).

The only cross-talk I can think of is New York Stocking Exchange on Broadway

(Manhattan) - Fed may screw up the world economy if they take the wrong

building.

My most personal reflections only,

Bjorn Cedervall  bcradsafers@hotmail.com

http://www.hotmail.com