Radon Exposure Limits for Cave Guides

It is my understanding OSHA regulations would cover exposure to radon for

cave guides and I believe OSHA limits radon exposure to either 30 pCi/L or

0.33 WL based on continuous workplace exposure for 40 hours per week, 52

weeks per year.

Does anyone know if there are any existing regulations that would limit

short term exposure of cave guides to high radon concentrations such as

those used for miners?  The MSHA has limits so that no employee can be

exposed to air containing 222Rn progeny in excess of 1.0 WL (100 pCi/L) in

active work areas.

Please email me directly.

Thanks, Bill Field

mailto:bill-field@uiowa.edu