Re: Response to Mr. Stroud RE: CO Pocket Dos. Req.

> the overwhelming majority of the

Majority rule doesn't have anything to do with good radiation safety practices. If it

were up to the majority, there would be much less of anything with respect to

radiation safety practices, including training, oversight, surveys, dosimetry, etc.

In my opinion, where there is a lack of oversight, and there is a real exposure that

exceeds a regulatory limit, where it could have been prevented, secondary

dosimetry should be a requirement. I don't see the requirement as punishment,

rather I see the need as being prudent. Considering that radiographers are

notorious for radiation dose issues and incidents, how can anyone question the

need for secondary dosimetry? Yes, the power reactors require additional

dosimetry, and ANI requires it. This is not bad. This is a good thing.

Sandy Perle				Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100

Director, Technical			Extension 2306

ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Service	Fax:(714) 668-3149

ICN Pharmaceuticals, Inc.		E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  	E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com