Re: ARTICLE: Fallout likely caused 15,000 deaths

I sent the following correction to USA Today after Don Kosloff noticed

it and alerted me to it. USA Today probably won't print the thing, but I

had to straighten it out.....

Cheers,

Maury               maury@webtexas.com

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Please forgive my error; yesterday I sent you the following email:

"This article was very entertaining science fiction which I did not

expect to find in USA Today. You should do at least cursory

check of the arithmetic - if thousands of deaths resulted from

bomb test fallout, then all of the world's deaths would have to be

attributed to fallout. Check the fallout radioactivity compared with

normal background radiation which always occurs regardless of

bomb test fallout. Great laugh! Nobody dies from anything else!"

I erred. The phrase "... have to be attributed to fallout." should have

read: "...have to be attributed to radioactivity." This is a crucial

distinction and I apologize for the error