RE: Domestic smoke detector disposal in Australia

Jetty

A colleague advised that the alternative to ionization type smoke detectors,

the photoelectric type, are not that effective, especially in some types of

fires.

However, I would be interested in your views about that and about any other

types of smoke detector and there effectiveness compared to the ionization

type.

regards

Leif Dahlskog

Radiation Health Section