RE: Dirty Bomb Predictions

Michael,

My purpose of my posting was show that with a significant amount of

contamination in a small area, the dose rates are not going to be lethal for

those responding to the incident and even those who would be involved with

the clean up.  I believe that we should present the information as doses

that can cause significant acute effects.  I pose that my example would

involve a radiographers source that was exploded inside the trunk of a car

parked on the street.  The spread of radiation was confined to the immediate

area.  The terrorists were not sophisticated to design a bomb that would

develop a bomb that would produce "a mist of fine particles."  (Hey, they

thought they were buying plutonium.)

Now, who thinks my scenario is worst than the FAS one?

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist

3050 Traymore Lane