Re: NIMBY for Nevada residents

On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, William V Lipton wrote:

> Perception is reality; just deal with it.

	--Are you implying that we should not fight like hell to correct

it? If you are, let me propose an exercise for you.

	Public perception is that nuclear power is much more dangerous

than coal burning power. But scientific analyses show that a coal burning

power plant, over its life time will kill about 1000 people, while a

nuclear plant would kill an average of less than one. The exercise I

propose is for you to picture yourself explaining to each of these 1000

people that they must die because public perception is wrong. How would

you do it? If it were me I would say that I have been fighting with all my

might to change that public perception, and that is all I can do.