Re: FW: ALARA and "what is safe enough"

Linda Sewell wrote:

>Dave Weidis from Jose and Weidis is the usual one giving the PEPs on this

>subject.  But the HPS Journal had an excellent issue devoted to litigation

>within the past year.  I believe Dave has written an article for Radiation

>Protection Management and the ANS periodical, Nuclear News, had a good run

>down a couple of years ago.  Unfortunately, I can't give any more details

>here at work, everything is at home.  I'll try and run them down sometime

>this week.

You are correct. This is the December 2001 HP Journal volume 81

number 6 pages 639 to 691 section titled "Litigation." I read that

issue and I did not find a detailed discussion of alara as a

standard. I may have missed it.

If I get the chance I will look through RSO and RPM magazines for an

article that is directly on point.

Paul lavely <lavelyp@uclink4.berkeley.edu>