Re: pstd

> If you agree with these two statements, do you consider it ethical for

> anyone to characterize spent fuel transportation this way?  In other

> words, do you consider it ethical to promote a deliberate distortion

> in order to frighten people?  I am not asking whether this is ethical

> in the absolute sense -- no one can make that judgment -- but whether

> YOU consider it ethical.

This discussion isn't going anywhere. What we see in the above comment is an

attempt of one persuasion to debate another for their use of symbolism and

questioning the ethics of such comments. We all know that any group that is anti

another group, is going to use all kinds of hyperbole, slogans and innuendos. Just

look at the most recent political campaign in your own community. One of my sons

works for PETA (they are a little radical as well as the anti-nuclear forces). One of

their campaigns was MurderKing. There are others. Does Burger King murder? Of

course not. However, it was their slogan and it made a point they were trying to get

across. I see no difference in the Mobile Chernobyl. I see it as ridiculous. Is it

unethical? I don't think so. If we have a problem, then get out there and set the world

straight. Constant discussion on Radsafe gets all of us nowhere.

Sandy Perle				Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100

Director, Technical			Extension 2306

ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Service	Fax:(714) 668-3149

ICN Pharmaceuticals, Inc.		E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  	E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com