Re: pstd

Title: Re: pstd
Ruth Weiner,

Your original question was:
"How about "Mobile Chernobyl?"  Should the anti-nukes continue to use it? Is the continued use ethical?  will it cause either stress or PTSD?"

Your post (below) seems intended to have a yes or no answer to complex issues. No not the words Mobile Chernobyl, but the knowledge and motivations of NIRS. Not being omniscient, I am reluctant to try and give a yes/no answer. Furthermore, it really does not matter what I think of NIRS sound bites - unless I have the ability to effect some change. That is, I do not believe that NIRS will listen attentively to my opinion.

I agree that Mobile Chernobyl is a mischaracterization. However, for me to state that it is a "deliberate distortion" would require information about NIRS to which I am not privy.

Is it ethical to use "mobile Chernobyl?" Ethics are: being in accordance with the accepted principles of right and wrong that govern the conduct of a profession.  Would you have me try and use my ethical standards or some sort of "universal ethics" to judge or adjudge the actions of another as being ethical? There is no way that I can state if this is ethical (since I am not a member of NIRS or knowledgeable of their motivations or ethical standards).

It seems that your questions are being asked of the wrong person - they need to be asked of Norm or NIRS.

I agree with Sandy Perle "This discussion isn't going anywhere."

Paul Lavely <lavelyp@uclink4.berkeley.edu>