RE: soil samples

When I was involved in such, it was done with a GeLi, but it was a MUCH

larger aliquot of an even larger sample.  The aliquot was a 500 ml jar full,

say 750 grams+- out of around 1500 grams of raw sample.

I don't have information on detected levels and detection limits, as I was

collecting and preparing, but not analysing.

I would try real hard to get some sort of reference sample of similar soil

composition, since, as you said, everything you saw was expected.  I would

expect Cs137 as well, from historical fallout.

Dave Neil

neildm@id.doe.gov