Re: soil samples

I agree.  There are many regulations that define "clean" (e.g. MARSIMM,NUREG-5849 in the US).  Typically, regulators need to be involved and approve this definition. What is clean at one site, may not be clean at another.  I suggest that the requestor obtain professional consultation on this matter.  I am sure that RADSAFER's will flood him with suitable recommendations.

Because gammas were specified, I believe gamma spectroscopy is the analysis of choice.  However, the definition of "clean" would have to be established before choosing the analysis method.

Kevin Wright