Re: [energyoptions] Re: UCS- NRC Relies on Falsified SafetyStudies

Bernie,

Nuclear org awards and invited speaking is good on that point  :-)   But

your CV/science publications, and policy/public writings are stronger!  :-)

But we discussed before, it IS an insult by the industry that your analyses

and writings were not the basis for waste management and other policies.

Their desire for funding

The reality of your work is larger than whether accepted by "the industry."

But of course anti's deny reality as a self-serving way of life anyway, but

you can reach others on even an anti list who have even a marginally open

mind (though you likely also get more 'private' msgs than open support on

the list - people seem to ultimately know who's full of crap even when they

have 'social pressure' not to speak out - not unlike radsafe!  :-)

Regards, Jim

===========

> From: BERNARD L COHEN <blc+@PITT.EDU>

> Is there any way I can send a message to this list to respond? I

> would like to cite the several awards I have received from nuclear

> organizations and the many invitations I have had to speak at their

> meetings. Also, I would like to ask for specific charges so that I can

> address them.

> Bernard L. Cohen

> Physics Dept.

> University of Pittsburgh

> Pittsburgh, PA 15260

> Tel: (412)624-9245

> Fax: (412)624-9163

> e-mail: blc@pitt.edu

> On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, john grant wrote:

>>> This is from another list:

>>> "As well, Mr. McCarthy should know better than to utilize sources such

>>> as Bernard Cohen if the intent is to persuade the public to become

>>> more pro-nuclear active. Mr. Cohen has proven himself time in and time

>>> out to be a credible source for little more than "in- and un-credible"

>>> information. There are very few in the nuclear industry who do not