Re: Industry Lackeys and Bad Legislation

In a message dated 03/23/2002 10:05:20 PM Pacific Standard Time, maury@webtexas.com writes:

I've lost my footing ... I think I'm falling out of my tree .... (g)
In a little more serious vein, Barbara, how are things developing on
your legislation contest? I hope it goes well for you and your
advocates

I'm working this weekend on an explanation of why "above background" is an unusable standard for clean-up, disposal or release of items.  I plan to send it with a cover letter to Senator Kuehl, Senator Romero, Senator Sher (Chair of the Environmental Quality Committee) and my Senator, now Senator Soto (we JUST reapportioned).

If anyone would like a copy of the cover letter, or even the long, tedious explanation of why "above background" is a poor, unworkable standard, I'd be happy to share (although I'm not finished with it yet).  Also, I have all contact information for the senators if anyone needs it, and you can use my cover letter to submit your own opposition to the bills.

Thanks for asking,

Barbara