RE: Davis Besse comments -R. Hoffman rant

But friends, if you wanted to go to a good, authoritative source, cyber or paper, to give people the proper view of things and respond to the Hoffmans, where would you suggest?

No one I know writes the antidote for these things.  We're always writing for school children or politicians or English-major reporters.  No one writes a proper response to the Hoffmans.  Everyone I've talked to in the nuclear community has some reason why we should not write such things.

I don't know any other field in which this death-wish situation exists.  It reminds me of the Gilbert & Sullivan lyrics (Mikado? Iolanthe?) about the guy "who praises every century but this and every country but his own."

When you draft something, you're told "The public will never buy it."  So we leave them to the Hoffmans.

Ted Rockwell

Ted Rockwell