Whats a Terrorist?

Michael Stabin wrote  -

. . . University researchers are sometimes shying away from using

miniscule levels of radiotracers to evaluate potentially life saving

new

drugs because of fear of negative publicity (or worse, perhaps physical

violence against them, their laboratories or homes). We can discuss

alternate energy sources, theirs pros and cons, that's fine, but these

groups aren't content with that, they feel the need to eliminate all

low and high level rad waste disposal sites and any exposures to

radiation, and this leads to public panic over small radiation doses

from needed medical procedures and bad public policy from poorly

informed regulators reacting to emotional appeals. Who pays the piper?

People who can't get the medical care they need . . ..

So-

Why isn't this activity considered on the same level as Terrorism

overseas?  What gives these groups any semblance of legitimacy as  a

legal group just because they have offices in America?

I think any group that issues a threat of violence against a

university, hospital, or reseacher should be considered a terrorist

organization and prosecuted as such.  A common thug on the street

running a protection racket couldn't get away with this, El-Quida

couldn't, why should these groups?

I say that the names of groups that have actually shut down or deferred

research on medical techniques should be turned over to potential

medical benificiaries or the "Heirs of the Estate" for legal action.

I'm sure some civil actions would get far enough in the courts to

squash some of this Luddite behavior.  Any future threats should be

pursued as domestic terrorism by that government office.

=====

- A day without radiation would be a day without sunshine.

Zack Clayton

Health Physicist III

Columbus, Ohio, USA

http://greetings.yahoo.com/