Re: NOT Off topic

Hi Maury and Jim,

Again, we are pleased at the results of your eye surgery.

Jim, I hope that your daughter's bone scan not related to any serious condition.

A question for the "anti's" ---
Where should we get these radiopharm's from?
The current sources are reactors and cyclotrons.

Just curious,

Doug J.

Douglas D. Jackson
Medical Physicist & routine consumer
:-)
St. Louis, MO
muckerheide wrote:
Hi Maury,
Congrats on your eye surgery!

After my second stress test I measured 20 mr/hr at my chest, could get
readings at 10 + meters. Decayed over a few days but I didn't follow it all
the way down as I intended.

The dose was nothing vs. my daughter's bone scan a few weeks ago, esp. at
her bladder before she went to the bathroom! :-)

These aren't substantial doses, but may be enough to do a little good! :-)

Regards, Jim
============

From: maury <maury@WEBTEXAS.COM>

By your tolerance, you have permitted me to share vicariously in many of
your joys and sorrows, your attaboys and your awsh...ts, and your
knowledge of the nuclear world. Please accept one in reverse.

The bandage was removed this morning from yesterday's cataract surgery
(about a ten minute task) from my first eye. WOW! One of the more
remarkable experiences in my life! The effect was immediate and, in
spite of being informed what to expect, the recovery of this kind of
vision is utterly amazing. I'm sure some of you are just smiling
knowingly; many of the rest of you will one day have a similar thrilling
revelation. Now, vision through the untreated eye resembles looking
through a badly smudged Y1 black and white photographic filter! Great
jumpin' butterballs!!!!

This is not nuclear, but it is not di fficult to extend empathy with
folks experiencing some of the gains now possible through nuclear
medicine. Utterly amazing! I did recently experience a nuclear exercise
stress test and the heart photos from that procedure were truly
remarkable.

To the anti-nuclear zealots: fie upon your house!

Best wishes to all 4,000 (or whatever) Radsafers,
Maury Siskel maury@webtexas.com