Re: NOT Off topic

On March 29th, BLHamrick@aol.com wrote that she would like

quantitative measurements of radiation exposure following Nuclear

Medicine tests.

  Just two weeks ago I had a dobutamine-MIBI test, which involves the

administration of 23 millicuries (850 MBecquerels) of technetium-99M.

When I got home about 2-3 hours after the test, I measured 20 mR/hr at

my chest and 25 mR/hr at my abdomen.  A non-calibrated scintillation

counter was reading 100,000 cpm at about six feet from me, where normal

background is about 400 cpm.  If background is assumed to be about 0.01

mR/hr, then the reading corresponds to about 2.5 mR/hr at six feet.  It

dropped fairly rapidly with time.

  Regards, Alan (an amateur with a strong interest in radiation

detection).