No Subject

Dear RADSAFEr's,

I am preparing to give a workshop entitled "The Health Physics Aspects of

Criticality Safety"  at the upcoming ANS Radiation Protection Division

meeting in Santa Fe.  Although the presentation, based on material I

developed from our long-past RADSAFE discussions on the Tokaimura accident,

is well under way, I thought that I would ask you all a question:  what do

you think a health physicist needs to know about criticality safety?  I

would appreciate your thoughts, which would help 'calibrate' my

presentation, and I'll try to get answers for your questions back to you as

well.

Please respond directly to me at the address below.  If anybody will be in

Santa Fe, please stop by and visit.

Thanks,

Doug Minnema, Ph.D., CHP

Radiological Control Program Advisor for the National Nuclear Security

Administration

<Douglas.Minnema@nnsa.doe.gov>