Re: NYTimes Article: Rising Anxiety over Indian Point NPP

John is correct - the "article" referenced below was an OP-Ed piece in the NY

Times by a Times staffer. I hope someone might succeed in getting a response

published. Follows the bio of the Times author, Bob Herbert:

______________________

  April 5, 2001          IN AMERICA

 Columnist Biography: Bob Herbert

Bob Herbert joined The New York Times as an Op-Ed

columnist in June 1993. His twice a week column, "In

America," comments on politics, urban affairs and social

trends.

Prior to joining The Times, Mr. Herbert was a national

correspondent for NBC from 1991 to 1993, reporting

regularly on the Today Show and NBC Nightly News. He

had worked as a reporter and editor at The Daily News from

1976 until 1985, when he became a columnist and member

of its editorial board.

In 1990, Mr. Herbert was a founding panelist of "Sunday

Edition," a weekly discussion program on WCBS-TV, and

the host of Hotline, a weekly issues program on WNYC-TV.

He began his career as a reporter with The Star-Ledger in

Newark, N.J., in 1970. He became its night city editor in

1973.

Mr. Herbert has won numerous awards, including the Meyer

Berger Award for coverage of New York City and the

American Society of Newspaper Editors award for

distinguished newspaper writing. He was chairman of the

Pulitzer Prize jury for spot news reporting in 1993.

Born in Brooklyn on March 7, 1945, Mr. Herbert received a

B.S. degree in journalism from the State University of New

York (Empire State College) in 1988. He has taught

journalism at Brooklyn College and the Columbia University

Graduate School of Journalism.

He lives in Manhattan on the Upper West Side.

Cheers,

Maury Siskel         maury@webtexas.com