Re: NYTimes Article: Rising Anxiety over Indian Point NPP

Radsafe:
The NY Times Op-Ed column posted by John Jacobus was authored by a NY Times op-ed staffer named Bob Hebert. His bio can be found at:

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/04/05/opinion/BIO-HERBERT.html
Click her for bio on Hebert & link to NY Times Website for Feedback on his columns

It is quite surprising how many "journalists" are so uncritically and even blindly accepting antinuclear activists' arguments that because terrorism is a general threat we should shut down our operating nuclear plants. Hebert's column is so filled with fuzzy logic and claims [he writes even a "suicide" bomber could destroy Indian Point?] that some may wish to comment to a website for feedback on his writing hosted by the Times.

Stewart Farber
email: SAFarberMSPH@cs.com
In a message dated 4/4/02 8:10:36 AM Pacific Standard Time, jacobusj@ors.od.nih.gov writes:[or posts]

Rising Anxiety

April 4, 2002

By BOB HERBERT

The nuclear reactor known as Indian Point 2 sits beside the
Hudson River about 30 miles north of New York City. It has
the worst safety rating of all 103 nuclear reactors in the
United States. And of all the U.S. reactors, it's located
in the most densely populated region.

Full article at:
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/04/04/opinion/04HERB.html?ex=1018933122&ei=1&en=
60aa733383e7bb6e