Re: Comments on the West Wing episode

In a message dated 4/4/02 9:20:14 PM Mountain Standard Time, sandyfl@EARTHLINK.NET writes:

Now, the real issue I see in some of this debate, is whether you are
implying categorically that under no circumstance, can there ever be
an accident involving transportation of nuclear materials, of any
kind, where there will be any adverse consequences. If that is what
you are saying, I simply have to disagree with you. Accidents will
happen, and, whether we want to believe it or not, sometimes, bad
things do happen.

I never implied any such thing! In fact I have gone on line refuting EXACTLY this claim many times.  I investigate these accidents and analyze them.  I probably know more in detail about the history of such accidents and the probable consequences , than most of the people on RADSAFE.  I mightily resent your inference, it is DEAD wrong, and you have absolutely no evidence to back it up, whatsoever.

And I am not "pro-nuke" -- I just want to see decent reasoning.,  The emoitional issue for me is decent scientific method, no matter how it comes out.

Ruth Weiner, Ph. D.
ruthweiner@aol.com