Re: Comments on the West Wing episode

I recognized several errors in the last episode of the West Wing.

However, there may be errors in areas about which I am ignorant

(there are lots of those).

One area that I have no information on is the real day to day goings

on in the West Wing of the White House. However, I believe that we

can assume that there maybe errors in this area too. Therefore, I

suggest:

"As the President of the USA, you have a duty to the American people

to assure that the television show "The West Wing" accurately depicts

the actual workings of our government. Additionally, it must also be

100% technically accurate. Therefore, I ask (or demand) that the

White House issue a weekly refutation of any and all inaccuracies in

each week's episode."

While I can send this myself, should we start a petition? Would this

be a good way to communicate "our side" to the media and the public?

  Paul Lavely <lavelyp@uclink4.berkeley.edu>