Re: "West Wing" on Yucca Mountain national waste disposal

In a message dated 4/9/02 7:12:18 AM Mountain Daylight Time, sandyfl@earthlink.net writes:

Perhaps those who feel so outraged over these shows,

It's not outrage.  I was not "outraged."  I am simply sustaining my argument that the show had an agenda and was (and is) being used as propaganda.  It was not just innocently engendered entertainment, and I continue to hope that it is not viewed as such.  The Nevada veto of Yucca Mountain was transmitted to Congress yesterday.  Nevada has hired a Democratic and a Republican national campaign consultant to mount TV ads against Yucca Mountain (who is bankrolling this, I wonder?).  Maybe that isn't in everyone's local newspaper but it is in ours.  The West Wing episode was a small first step of a growing propaganda campaign.

Ruth Weiner, Ph. D.
ruthweiner@aol.com