RE: "West Wing" on Yucca Mountain national waste disposal

Ruth,

>From your post:

". . . Senate Democratic Whip Harry Reid of Nevada, who is leading the fight

against the Yucca Mountain site, was nonetheless ecstatic. Thursday morning

his phones were ringing with congratulations that held out hope of checks to

help the campaign fund and celebrity endorsements from Hollywood. Reid

conveyed his joy to Dee Dee Myers. "

Why is the good Senator Reid ecstatic?  As I remember, there was no release

of radiation.  Obviously the cask survived, which shows that in the worst

case scenario, (at least envisioned by the West Wing writers), there will

not be any release.  I think we should write to our legislators and say that

this TV show proves we should begin shipments to Yucca Mountain as soon as

possible!

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist