Re: QUESTION regarding radiation theraopy using linear accelerator thatproduces a 6 MEV photon

John Johnson wrote:

> All

> There most be a typo' in the message. I'm not an expert on accelerators,

> etc, but how can 26 MeV photons be produced from a 6 MeV electon beam?

> _______________________

> John R Johnson, PhD idias@interchange.ubc.ca

In the linac model I described, the electrons are produced at calibrated

energies like 6, 8, 10, 12, .... 26, ect.

I don't know much about the waveguide, but I have the vague impression

that electrons "surf" the standing wave pattern, accelerating forward.

Perhaps the RF is pulsed at different frequencies to achieve the

different energies.  I have always wanted to look into the effect and

get a better understanding of it but for now, I'll just say I don't

understand it.

	Gary Isenhower

	713-798-8353

	garyi@bcm.tmc.edu