RE: Rad Inst Handles

Don't recall seeing a source for commercial ones, but MINSY used to make

their own out of 1/4 X 2" (?) aluminum flat bar to fit a DT-304.

Two holes to match the handle screw holes, and two opposed 45* bends to put

the axis of the handle in line with the center of mass of the probe shield,

and tape the cord to the handle to take the strain.  Simple and effective.

They also tried a tubing based handle, with the cord down the middle and a

bicycle grip, but it was prone to fatigue cracking at the probe end where it

was flattened to attach to the probe.

A bunch of 105 techs went there to Puget when Mare Island downsized, so ask

around and you may find someone there with direct experience.

Hope this helps

Dave Neil   ex-105

neildm@id.doe.gov