(no subject)

I've been asked  to include the use of a DOT type truck/drive through

portal monitor as part of the radiation safety program in the

decommissioning of the Bevatron Facility  at Berkeley.

I am looking for the most sensitive and reliable models in the market.

Cost is of great concern and I have thought about looking for a used

model.

Does anyone have any  information or experience on one of these units?

Activated materials and trace elements from metals, concrete, wood,

electrical equipment, trash.. etc are all a concern.

The long lived isotopes characterized are Co-60, Eu-152, and Ti-44.

We already have release procedures for the natural occurring stuff in

concrete used for shielding.

Any information or feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Wendell