For Ruth, direct email bounced

My email to Ruth bounced, so please excuse using the list for contact.
Michael Kay

Ruth,
I teach analytical chemistry at Portland State University on a part-time basis. I am always looking for practical exam questions. This sounds like a very good redox question if the answer you were seeking is no more than the formation of NO2 from the reduction of Nitrogen. I don't remember the total purex process well enough to give what is oxidized without looking it up (TBP was the usual extracting agent).

Michael Kay, ScD, CHMM
Who had a much more complicated question on the Purex Process from Professor Charles Coryell on his doctoral prelims at MIT in analytical radiochemistry.