Re: I-125, Internal Dose

Assuming an ingestion in a chemical form that would follow the ICRP-30 models:

You can calculate the intake using the NUREG/CR-4884 excretion fraction. Based on a 24 hr sample of urine taken 7 days after the ingestion intake, this is 3.55E-4

EPA's FGR11 has ICRP-30 based dose conversion factors for intake.  It can be found online at the EPA site.

If the chemical form is an odd one from research, you may or may not find a suitable retention model.  The old CINDY used ICRP-30 based values except for certain radionuclides for which DOE has input additional data.  I don't know about the updated CINDY, you would have to call the distributor.

Barbara Reider, CHP

Attention medical/research RSO's, does anyone have a quick conversion factor from I-125 in urine, to dose?  I'm going to run an internal dose calculation using CINDY, as soon as I can find the darn electronic key that it requires.  I'm assuming 1 week delay between uptake and "discharge".   Thanks in advance.

Joel I. Cehn, CHP

cehn@aol.com