perspective on activists

Activists are just like allot of politicians:

"We have to offer up scary scenarios, make simplified dramatic

statements, and make little mention of any doubts we may have. Each of

us has to decide what the right balance is between being effective and

being honest. "

Stephen Schneider, environmental activist, in _Discover_, Oct. '89