Re: A LNT Experience

Isn't the main point of Ruth's post that the dose should not be reduced

at the expense of diagnostic information, at least not in the dental

x-ray range?  Is the dose from a dental x-ray dangerous?  Enough to give

up some of the diagnostic information?

I am aware that sometimes the dose is reduced even when the image is

improved, as when screens went from calcium tungstate to rare earth.

But that is generally not the case; its the exception.

Less is not always more.  If it were me getting my checkup, I would want

the dentist to have the best image possible.  If it would spare me an

abcess and a root canal, I would gladly triple, quadruple the dose.  Put

that way, I think most reasonable people would agree.

	Gary Isenhower

	713-798-8353

	garyi@bcm.tmc.edu