U-238 Contamination

I need help from someone with practical knowledge. Is there a level of U-238 contamination on an item that is exempt from regulation.  I have a couple of spots (~10 cm2 each) on a research apparatus that are U-238. The levels are very low, about 3000 dpm/100 cm2 alpha (maximum) when corrected for efficiency and geometry. I don't know where the contamination came from. It is fixed. It is below Reg Guide 1.86 limits for U-238. Do I need to worry about it or can I just transfer it to another research facility that needs it. My facility doesn't have a license neither does the one it is going to.

Any ideas?

Kurt