Re: Threshold

 From: "Sandy Perle" <sandyfl@EARTHLINK.NET>

> On 18 Apr 2002 at 21:42, Ted Rockwell wrote:

>> But if you say, "Below this level, radiation is not harmful and is

>> usually beneficial," that makes all the difference.  Then any

>> uncertainties or differences in responses below the threshold are only

>> of academic interest and need not affect regulations or protective

>> procedures.

> That is what I believed the industry was focusing the discussion of

> BRC towards.

> Sandy

2 things:

1. Who's "the industry" you mean here?

2. Do you know anything that said this by "the industry" (taking that

broadly: utilities, professional and science societies, gov't, academia, rad

materials makers and users, etc. etc.  - even individuals if speaking for a

group, any group! :-)

Thanks, Jim