I agree with Jerry's comments about BERT, DARI, etc.

Jerry,  I did not propose BERT to solve any fundamental problems of

radiophobia. My concern was to help a few people, probably less than

one percent, who really believe radiation is as dangerous as they

say. I believe in "patient power"-the patient has the right to an

understandable answer to a question about their dose. The only way

they can understand it is by comparing it to something they

understand, that is time. In the process they will learn that

everything, including themselves are radioactive.

	I think radiophobia will disappear eventually when it becomes

clear to the ICRP, NCRP, etc. that we need some radiation to

stimulate our immune systems. I don't expect to live long  enough to

see that happen but I am confident that it will in the next 25 years.

There is nothing dramatic we can do. We can continue to educate

whenever we have a chance. That education will not happen on our list

server.

Best wishes, John

--

John R. Cameron (jrcamero@facstaff.wisc.edu)