Re: California

Idaho gave back their Agreement in 1991.  At the time, it is my

understanding  that the state's program had zero employees.  I believe that

NRC put pressure on the state to either get a program going or give up the

agreement, or the commission would commence procedures to revoke it.

For all their bluster about compatibility, I can't see the NRC absorbing

California's program or any large state's program, without it causing

enormous problems for them.  They have neither the budget nor staff.

Clayton J. Bradt, CHP

Principal Radiophysicist

NYS Dept. of Labor

Radiological Health Unit