Re: Threshold

In a message dated 04/20/2002 5:44:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time, damm01@GOODNEWS.NET writes:

Whatever name you give, when the regulator says 15 mrem IT IS 15 mrem. I can
remember very well other groups using the term voluntary. If you did not
volunteer - you were dropped. I am sorry, but that is not voluntary - look in
any dictionary. The same applies to this so called risk.

In my opinion, that's just a bad way to do business.  Tell your regulator, show me the law.  I am astounded constantly by the way people just roll over for agencies.  What that says to me is those people don't understand the laws under which they are regulated, and it makes me wonder if they understand the science either, or if they just do what they're told regardless of whether it is legal or makes sense.

Barbara