RE: Various Comments- Serious and Otherwise

Maybe it's time to dig out the old videos and play them again.  We could

even use the age of these tests to point out how well casks performed way

back when they were still pulled by horses and how much more up to date we

are now.  I also remember one of the films briefly discussing the role of

computer modeling in predicting cask response to an impact (which the

esteemed legislator twists into "relying on computer simulations instead of

real tests" - are these guys good, or what?).

But new demonstrations could be fun, too.  I'm thinking a 'David

Copperfield' kind of format, or a 'reality-based' show with hand-held

wiggly camcorder work (to interest the younger audience).  I'd buy tickets.

Heck, stage it in Las Vegas, since that's where all the shipments are going

(almost).  People could place bets on the outcome. (Point to ponder: how

would the odds-makers in Vegas rate the likelihood of a cask failure? And

how would the Nevada legislators and anti's place their bets?)

Vincent King,

Idaho Falls