Re: Shipments to South Carolina

In a message dated 04/24/2002 5:57:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Michael.Kent@nmcco.com writes:

Maybe the Governor could call up the boys at The Citadel.  I vaguely remember that the boys have some experience at this sort of thing, albeit it was approximately 150 years ago, but it's like riding a bike.........

Wait.  Wasn't this the setting for the movie "Taps,"....Timothy Hutton, Sean Penn...man, am I dating myself, or what?

Barbara

P.S.  Californians might want to check out the revised SB 2065, which appears to delete the Department of Health Services' authority to implement California's agreement with the NRC (NRC people might want to perk their ears here)....The proposed legislation is at:  www.leginfo.ca.gov, click on "Bill Information," and search for 2065 in the Senate.  The legislation proposes no alternative agency to implement the agreement, and does not discuss the potential to turn the program back to the NRC, so it's a little difficult to tell what they have in mind.  Either way, it's sure to cost the citizens of California a bundle, in both money and public health and safety, but, you know, anything for "the cause," right?  When has common sense ever stopped the anti-nuclear contingency?