Re: Is Yucca Mountain the only way?

Jerry,

I agree with most of what you said, except that due to physical or

political reasons some plants can't continue to extend onsite storage

indefinitely.  Some plants do not have the physical space onsite and

others have political obstacles to siting and expanding dry storage

facilities.

It makes sense to send the fuel to a central location.  Regardless of

whether you intend to permanently dispose of the spent fuel or eventually

reprocess it, it will eventually have to be transported to another site.

Why not use Yucca Mountain as the central storage facility?

Fritz

Johannes "Fritz" Strydom

Deputy Manager, Consulting Products

NAC International