Re: Various Comments- Serious and Otherwise

Ted,
    That is exactly the point I was trying tp make. Certainly testing is necessary to assure safety. However, at some point the extraordinary measures we take to allay public fears become counterproductive and serve only to reinforce these fears. "If it were not so dangerous , why would they need to do all that testing?    Jerry

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2002 5:49 AM
Subject: RE: Various Comments- Serious and Otherwise

> If it were not so very dangerous, why would they need to do all that testing???

That's it, exactly, Jerry!  We nukes always try to prove it's not dangerous by describing all the tests, barriers, guards and gadgets we've got.  Nobody wants to cut to the chase and point out that even a meltdown is not a catastrophe.  We've got to stop avoiding that key issue. If you can't kill anybody in the public with Chernobyl, how can anything else kill thousands?

Ted Rockwell