Re: transportation statistics

Regarding the European experience, it is my understanding that they have

shipped in excess of 55,000 MTU of spent nuclear fuel over the past several

decades, without loss of life or of property claims due to radiation

release.  This is roughly the same quantity that the Yucca Mountain program

anticipates.  This track record is a far cry from the impressions made in

the current debates in the popular media or in congress.

martin haas

Philip Egidi <phil.egidi@state.co.us>@list.vanderbilt.edu on 04/26/2002

12:28:57 PM

Please respond to Philip Egidi <phil.egidi@state.co.us>